Thursday 19 March 2009

Visiting another home!

Visiting another children's home!

It is called 'UNIFAM'.
During this trip of seven months i want to see more of the need and circumstances of abandoned and run-away kids - the kids of 'risk'.. This place we visited last week is like a holding place where the police bring them when found.. then the judge decides what home to put them in.

Lots of the kids in New Hope came through this place. We rang up the place and told them we were coming..

On the way I bought some food with the money i had that day.. which just did to get us there also..
I knocked on the big cold metal gate and a policeman in uniform answered..

I thought about if my life had ended up on the streets as a young kid, i might have ended up here..






The home had 12 youngsters. They all sat down and the policeman introduced me.We served pop corn and milk and cereal in little plastic cups.. They all listened and i found myself leading the meal.. I said we will pray, and they all stood up..

I prayed.. ..for their situations.. their past and their future that is so uncertain.. I prayed that they would seek God in their lives, and thanked God that He wanted to be part of their lives....












.. After that we ate and I shared who I was and what I was here for.. I said that the pictures would be shown to many people that would see them and know that there is a need to help kids.. I said that there is a God that also will see them.
I shared that God loved them and would never forget about them.. !!
These kids that day where older.. but the day before there had been 4 little boys aged 4 to 10.. but they had been moved to some home.. Some of these youngsters stay for a week and some stay for months..

Never forget the kids that God loves..


"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house i lived in , or the car i drove, but the world may be different because we were important in the life of a child."

1 comment:

  1. Hi JD
    Hope you are doing well. Photos are great to see and it is good to see you. We will follow your adventures and pray for you.
    God bless you and protect you.
    Andy, Lynn, Holly and Bryony x

    ReplyDelete