Tuesday 31 March 2009

new role.more prayer 31-march


I was a tutor at New Hope Children's home but now, my last month here, is looking into doing new programs for the home...


This is my office.. I work along side Fabio, a guy that sorts and helps out here also..






Please pray for the new role.. I only have 4 weeks to help put some stuff in place and other stuff give grounded ideas..


David and Debbie Bolos are back in the U.S. Pray for them as they lead the home from afar..

This is the list of programs I will look in to, some I will get in place, some I will put forward..

Program of expectations.. (A chart that shows the progress of each kid's behaviour) We have already started.. this was a program that I used in my house when I was a tutor but now they would like me to use it with the whole home...


'Fente' A friday evening games night and tuck shop that used to be run by an intern Lidia..but she is now leaving. We will see how we can carry it on and if in the same format.

Mentoring.. All the kids here would need a mentor / big brother or sister, that would give them more personalised attention.. but so far we have two volunteers... I will look to set up

this program properly.

'Cena united' A time when each house in the Home comes to dine in the main dining hall There is a time of being together having time to worship together and time to have fun together.. this will hopfully help unite the home more like a big family.. I will organise the first one and before I go see how it runs automatically...

Volunteers /interns... Looking to at ideas as to how the home can adopt the use of each intern more effectivly and coordinate their stay.


After school clubs.. We have a successfull photo class club already but I would like to expand the idea of having more clubs that deals with other talents that the kids have in abundance here.

* so if you have any ideas and would like to set up a few weeks club or month club of let's say ... teach piano.. or art.. or singing.. then talk to me..


House competitions.. David is giving us ideas on what he wants that house to compete in.. so that there is more solidarity within each home like a unit to work for God's glory.. Fabio and I will look in to this more.. we have already started..


There's so much I would like to do here.. like set up a street- reach program.. we have 40 young people that could easily do this.. but I don't think I have time to look in to this.. if you want to come down and help here .. please speak to me of your ideas..


Please Pray for the home and the programs..

I look out of my window at my office and I see Misti the volcano and know that God is beside me because God made that volcano..

Below is David and Debby the

directors.. this is the day before they went.. you can see all the kids that are here.. along with a team that visited for a week..






I will sign off now.. I'm really tired.. it's 9:55pm and the office people have long gone....

From Peru/ Arequipa city / New Hope Children's home / upstairs in the new office..

No comments:

Post a Comment