Friday 20 March 2009

a new day a new boy in the family.. 20-03-09



I will not write much as its 11:30 and im really tired.. There are 3 groups in the morning that go to school: the little primary boys, my 4 primary boys and the primary girls. Today we tried a new tactic - we got them to go to school in pairs..


I took lots of pictures to show the surroundings and some off the kids that i work with,.

(these mountains always remind me of God's presence)




Today I helped take the kids to school. It's my day off but i always try to help out as really two tutors work better.. I did try to organise a visit to another children's home for the day but that plan fell through as i could not get connected on the phone..

Today a new boy came.. ! It was all a supprise to me.. We had to reorganize the rooms - now we have a 3rd bedroom in the house... His name is Junior. I also had to spend time getting his new clothes from the storeroom. He came with only the clothes on his back.. with old shoes and a small jacket.. the police man brought him.. his story is quit sad.. but I thank God that he choose to bring him here.. !


He is such a friendly and happy chappy.. he talks lots and always has a smile.. the other boys have taken on to him very well..


This afternoon I went with Fabio to visit judges from different councils that the boys come from to get permision for them to be in school.. This was very complicated and a lot of paper pushing. We only got 2 done out of 10 that we wanted to get done.. The judge was not in, or the opening hours were working against us..





Roberto - Junior - Jorge

Pray for the new boy as he settles in..


In the evening i took him in to town.. I got money out and went to buy him underware because there was none in the storeroom.. We walked a lot.. and his borrowed shoes were to small so we walked slowly.. but i think we will buy that tomorrow.. We then bought a mop and bucket, and a brush & pan thing for the home. and a big tub so Junior can put his ,'to wash' clothes' in..


After that i took him for a dinner! for 3.50 soles.. a soup and main meal.. with a side drink.. thats like one pound.. after that we got into a taxi and went back to the home.. What a day i thought!.. and
all in the life of a little boy.. if God helps him then He also will help you too...


I thank God for all i have!

No comments:

Post a Comment