Tuesday 19 May 2009

Reflection time at L A












These last days I have been filled with a realisiation of the vision and what it is all about.
I wrote to a friend and I thought I would post the letter to you also.






I remembered about the parable of “Who is my neighbour? - the Good Samaritan” and thought about what Jesus said about looking after the orphans and widows,

I thought about my heart.

I thought of the man in the parable and in this case of him once being an orphan, abandoned and left on the road side. I thought that I didn’t just want to stop and give him something there, not just to take him to hostel, not just to pay to look after him.

As I see it, a child needs care and a home where people would take care of him as he grows up and where he would belong. Where he would grow up and get to know - Why he was taken in. why he was loved. And what was in the heart of the people that supported him in this new home..

And that heart that loved him was transformed by an everlasting love that God placed in the heart of his carers, his new parents . The people that took him in were his ‘heart mum and dad’.

I want to be that parent to some of the kids of Arequipa. the city where I was adopted from and where God put in the heart of my parents to adopt me.








My prayer is that people can join me in helping me with this vision..













Boys from new home trip














Monday I got to know the older kids of Luz Alba.. and working in the afteroon, I got lots of time to do game activites with them..

No comments:

Post a Comment