Tuesday 5 May 2009

My last weekend at New Hope

I am moving on from New Hope Home to spend a short time in a Christian School in Arequipa, so its a big "Bye for now, see you later!
I miss you all and will see out about during MAY.. some days I hope."


May The Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.


Boys watching film on my laptop



















Preparing my last meal.. During my time here I have seen a big change in the boys' attitude to life and behavior. I'm happy that I was part of their lives

and pray that they seek a total change with God's help to move on into the world. The life of a child here is in many ways very different from that outside the walls of the home.. but I pray that what goes on here will stand firm for their lives..




































So as I finish up with the programs at the CENA UNIDA , the united dinner´9, I leave knowing that God will just keep blessing theses kids. and the work will keep growing..










I stayed for the Sunday night service. Next Sunday is Mothers Day. I might go over and see the dramas and sketches that the kids will put on in the church for that.. I will miss these kids ..




I leave after all the goodbyes but I will be back to visit and to talk with the Director, David Bolos, about the new programs.



´now to the work in ebenzer school, and my apartment of the riches that support and help the christen school.-








In the second part of my investigation mission trip I will be looking at the influence of a school in a childs life, and in particular how a Christian school can help.

There is much to understand and many new concepts to work out.




Pray for all I learning here and how this might help me decide about things in the future. Bob and Noel Rich (American missionary friends) have been really good to me as I settle in to a new role, and also as i take time to take stock of the work in New Hope.

The school has bought an adjacent house and they are demolishing it to make way for more class rooms.. your donations are helping with this. I will show pictures of the work later.. the Rich's say a big thanks to all who gave..


Many Thanks, and keep in touch.. J-D


EBENEZER CHRISTIAN SCHOOL























No comments:

Post a Comment