Saturday 7 July 2012

The way back to Arequipa, Peru 2012




I really needed to connect again with Peru.. also with God's direction for long term working with children at risk in Arequipa. 

Travel going safe, just few delays here and there, Belfast- London Gatwick- get extra luggage at Victoria station, train halts for 20minuits mid journey but am just back in time for flight out. However..- Madrid was late but ok my flight for Lima was also delayed also some incident on the plane or something - Lima and I’m in PERU!
At Lima airport. I mentioned i had many things with me because you always have to take them out before they scan the bags. These are for the children’s home but they didn’t want to know this, so had to pay lots. So back for full scan security check of bags that have many things like a new inflatable swimming pool and other gadgets and lot of books.. so I prayed about that they would not pick out everything for declaration. My turn came the man at check point said, just go on through, I didn't need to put my 3 big luggage in the scanner!




Things speed up on the taxi from the airport to the bus station I pretend I know where it was in the middle of Lima capital, but only hoped I get there.
The taxi took me to my bus station ok but the taxi man was on the phone sorting out a divorce and we zigzagged through the Lima traffic as well as him pointing out with the other hand great buildings around the city, oh and we had no seat belt on.. I think I forgot or I was in Peru mode!


Now I’m on the long 16 hour bus drive to Arequipa. I’m up top on a semi bed seat no one on the seat beside me so enjoying the Pan-American high way along the Pacific Ocean. I tried to film it but was too wobbly so took pictures instead. Watch the next vid when I get one made once at Arequipa 6:30 or 7am.. I think that will be more than 3 days travelling from Belfast. Maybe there was a other way to do this... ...


Ok I made Arequipa, the end of film shows Misti, the famous volcano that overlooks Arequipa.  





  



2 comments:

  1. Hey big lad
    Good to here you are there safe and sound and that you got the inflatable pool out (crazy), you must have been loaded up with your bags man. Looking forward to more news mate. Hear from you soon.
    Colin.

    ReplyDelete