Wednesday 17 June 2009

Off to Ilo and Moquegua (3rd post 17th June)

Good bye Arequipa City


For the second spare week I decided to take a wee break and visit friends in Ilo and Moquegua. So I left Arequipa a bit sad and still with that vision of buying a large bit of land and setting something up for kids.







The long road to Ilo, a Pacific port further down south.




















I met up with Trevor and Christine Morrow and family. Please pray for them as they continue the work in Peru with the Irish Baptist Missions Ite project. The camp centre is open two years now. They are also rebuilding the Ite Baptist church that got burnt down two years ago.



















Also pray for Alistair Creelman as he does his year with Irish Baptist Missions, seeking to find God's plan for his life in Peru. Pray for all it means to be starting as a missionary and for God's work in Peru.














Off to Moquegua in the valley beside the Andies Mountains












Then the next part of the week I took a cramped car to Moquegua. This is the town where I used to live as a child when my parents were missionaries with Irish Baptists in Moquegua. Being back is like going back to good memories or a good dream.







I went to the central Baptist church in Moquegua, they got me up front to talk about my trip. They send their greetings to Strandtown Baptist. I love this town. And I have to say I thank the Lord for giving me time for this visit.






























I also want to say that I got time to visit the Moquegua children’s home. Your donations helped out - here we brought nappies and lots of food. Many thanks. The home has 100 children but works with 300 in total








1 comment: